Friday, March 26, 2010

In San Francisco! Ending my quarterly visit to Room to Read's Global Office, brought Haley for her Spring Break and Jeremy joined us yesterday for him a long weekend. Haley and I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights on a fashion shopping frenzy~;)
Her goal was a Prom dress and ended up with several new outfits, new Coach bag and a beautiful Jessica McClintock gown and jewelry. She is going to be stunning on Prom Night!
Jeremy and her spent the day today at Fisherman's Wharf and we are planning on taking a beautiful ride tomorrow on a ferry to Sausilito. The weather has been gorgeous and all the staff were wonderful to Haley.

We received great news on Monday after we landed in San Francisco - WE ARE LIVE ON AMERICAN ADOPTION'S WEBSITE! So that means that potential birth parents out there looking to make the ultimate sacrifice for a child can now see us!! It is so exciting.

I, of course, had to celebrate this news with buying Ira a few outfits from San Francisco. :)

OH, and to make things a little better than this (can it get better?), we found out we will return home to a new roof!! It was supposed to be put on the 2nd week of April, but because of some scheduling problems on their end, the roofer got us moved up a few weeks - Woo Hoo!!

With all this fantastic news, why have I been a little down today? I couldn't really figure it out...thought maybe I was just tired or needed some alone time...but it hit me on the way back from the office walking to the hotel. I miss seeing Ira's car seat, and his diapers, and his boxes of clothes and seeing the Amazon boxes coming in knowing that his nursery bedding was delivered this week....I miss Ira....I miss him...I miss our connection that we have at this point until the day we meet. I'll get to see it all on Sunday night when we return - crazy, huh?

But I have SO enjoyed hanging out with my princess. These are the times of our lives ~

5 comments:

  1. It was so good to talk to you. Thanks for taking the time to do so. I will be watching and waiting...Love you all mucho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...I saw and read your whole profile...yipee this is so exciting. Keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tina! My heart and prayers are with you - stay strong in your faith in yourself, your kiddos and God - it will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to start working on the nursery!!! Jeremy IS going to let ME help with that, right? Please, Jeremy??? And, with the carpet ordered, we have to get busy on the painting! So much to do ... so little time!!! Would you please get yourself back from San Francisco, dear??? Something tells me Ira will arrive as soon as we get his nest all made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YES - your help is welcomed and needed! :)

    The carpet is down and I've left another message for the painter (tonight). I'd like to get it done this weekend so we can move Haley's things back in her room and start preparing Ira's room. :)SOOOO awesome!

    ReplyDelete