Seeing my two "babies" curled up on the couch with Ira hugging onto Haley is awesome. Thank you God for blessing me with Haley in 1992 and then with Ira in 2010!! Only YOU could have created two amazing children like this!
Two days until Christmas! Our second Christmas with Ira and he loves the tree :)
This year we will know that next Christmas we will be sharing it again with a new baby! Haley will have a bundle of joy, peace and love this summer so Christmas 2012 will be brand new baby time all over again! Ira will be an uncle at the spry age of 2! Love it!!
Christmas is full of going here, going there, baking, remembering where all the presents are, making sure (via spreadsheet, of course) that everyone is getting something and it is at the right house. So, before it gets too crazy, I want to pause and remember what I am thankful for this year.
1. I am thankful every day that I am a child of God and of our relationship. He has blessed Jeremy and me so much with our two babies and each other.
2. I am thankful that Jeremy and I will be married 10 years this summer and he still makes my heart flutter.
3. For Haley and Ira, you are the cherry on my ice cream sundae (well, okay, frozen yogurt). I love you both.
4. I am so thankful that Grandma and Grandpa are such a huge part of our lives. We love you to the moon and back!
5. Every day I am thankful for Phyllis, her hubby and kiddos. Every great memory I have had in the last 10 years has you all in it. I love you dearly.
6. I am thankful this year that I have rekindled a relationship with my father and his wife, De. True joy!
7. I am thankful to be surrounded by Jeremy's family and their dynamic personalities.
8. I am so, so, so thankful that baby Gabriel is healthy and sharing Christmas day with us this year!
9. Heifer South Africa - it is such an honor to work with you and be a part of your story. I love you all. I am also thankful to Mike Grober for sharing his dream with me, Your Mission Matters, and trusting me to help me make it a reality.
10. I, along with every other Christian, am thankful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for me....little ol' me. Wow - it's almost too much to even fathom.
I hope you have a beautiful time with your family. I wish for all of us that we do not get caught up in opening gifts, lunches, dishes and full bellies that we don't pause and just enjoy each other's company and remember why we have this time together.