Friday, June 10, 2011

Ira's Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is the little Prince's first birthday! Just 4 more hours and he will be one year old! I can't believe it. A year ago - our lives - what was going on - only to get that call on a Sunday morning while getting ready for church that changed our lives forever. Unforgettable.

Big day tomorrow. Ira will eat scrambled eggs so I think that will be his birthday breakfast. We bought him a little pool with a shade over it so I think an early dip for the first time in his pool after his morning nap will be in order. We did get him a few presents to open so we will find time during the day to see what he does with wrapping paper...and of course, it is RED! :)

His Barney Singing and Light Up Doll has not even shipped yet :(. That will be a surprise for next week, I guess. His cake was delivered today (Dr. Seuss - made by Cakes by Sam) is AMAZING....they took the photo I sent them and did it.....they actually did it and it is so cool. I can't wait for everyone to see it. I know Ira won't eat the cake; he may not even play with it, but that's fine. As long as he gets to play around and we can work the party around his nap, it will be a success!

I'm honoring his birthmother tonight as a year ago she was in labor. A young girl, in a foreign country, giving birth while knowing her plan. I'm honoring her in my heart and mind today so tomorrow will just be about Ira. I hope she gets the letters and the photos. I hope her heart knows he is doing wonderfully and her decision was the right one. I pray she is achieving her dreams.

As Grandma says, God gives us the desires of our heart. I believe that and it makes me feel better for her.

love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment