Thursday, April 28, 2011

Night before Haley's Senior High School Prom


What a weekend this will be!

What a week this has been!

Storms, tornadoes, the aftermath of it all,
~ but then am reminded of all the good things when I see my beautiful daughter having her final fitting in her Senior Prom gown that is tomorrow.

I remember when Haley was Ira's age, wondering what she would be like when she grew up. I knew she would be beautiful (really, I could tell at that early age - no lie!), but would she want to be a teacher, or a nurse, or own a salon like her Nana? We never tried to push her down one avenue over another. For the last 5 years, she has said "I will be a stay at home mom and have 4 kids". Bam...Okay, great, fantastic - but you have to go to college anyway to make sure you always have a way to support those fantastic 4 little grandchildren of mine if you need to. :)
So, since the adoption process started, she has done a lot of thinking about social work and/or guidance counseling. I think she would be good at either. I'm not sure how she comes off to adults, but if there is a child in the room that is not being treated fairly, Haley (mind you, she's just a little over 5 foot tall, 110 pounds or so) will come off a table to make sure the situation is turned around quickly for the child...hence, her almost being kicked out of taking her ACT's one year. If that had happened, I would have been proud of her anyway. She's tougher than she looks. I'm not worried about her at all.

What will Ira grow up to be? Well, for now, a little munchkin who loves his pack, loves his toys and food and playing Superman. Can't believe he is almost 1?????
Hope he forgives us Monday for the ear surgery. I know in my heart it will make his life better!! And we are SO ready for the Mommy & Me swim classes!!
And the beach again this summer!!! Yay!!! He will enjoy it more this year.

So, as the Royal Wedding plays on, I help dress a senior for her last high school prom, have her hair and makeup fixed, photos, Grand March, Prom and Post Prom. She's my Royal Princess....always has been and always will be. She will meet and marry her Prince one day...but for now, she's still all mine. :)

Life with the Lasiters - always something going on, always busy and sometimes a little funny.
Love to all,
Angela, Jeremy, Haley and Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment