Friday, April 22, 2011

Ira's first Easter

This weekend is Ira's first Easter. I am still in awe of how God worked out such a miracle for this family. So many little details that a year ago was frustruating me is NOW known to me as the process God was facilitating to make sure Ira was sent to us from Kenya. So much to be thankful for this weekend~

Haley is preparing for next Friday's Senior Prom. She is going to be stunning in her gown. Her graduation announcements have arrived and it is becoming "so real" to me. She is counting the days....like all seniors....I'm thrilled for her because I know this is moving to a new chapter in her life.

Today is Jeremy's mothers birthday. She would have been 53 today - we miss her so much. I really can see her tossing Ira around and smiling her beautiful smile at him. I know she is looking down on us from Heaven, along with my mother and both of our Nanny's, and keeping an eye on things. :)

So, as I plan for Ira's first Easter, maybe Haley's last Easter while living at home, Haley's graduation and prom, Ira's first birthday and my 9th wedding anniversary, I thank God for all we have. Our life can get hectic and crazy, but it is all a wonderful gift.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to God for all of our many Blessings. What a difference a year has made. I couldn't have ask for a better year than to see us so happy. Again,Thank-you my AWESOME JAHOVAH GOD and Saviour. G'ma Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The universe opens great doors to those that open themselves to receiving it! This family has done that and the blessings continue to flow. Best of luck to our "lady" Haley as she continues the next part of her life journey. To Ira, as he continues to grow, learn and just make us all smile so often. To Mom and Dad, may your path be long and the joys be nothing less than overwhelming! All my love, Pappa

    ReplyDelete