Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ira's first Easter

What a great day it is today! We started out with a beautiful church service - the house was PACKED (and we went to our normal 9am service! can just imagine what the 10:45 was like). I pray that many people found Jesus Christ today and committed their lives to Him. Pastor Mark Evans taught an inspirational message and Ira got to see his favorite, Pastor Greg, on the way in the door. Since Pastor Greg did his baby dedication, he was a certain affection to him. I think Ira remembers him - I do!!!
:)
We then spent a lunch with Jeremy's siblings and grandparents. His grandmother (our grandmother :) ) made a wonderful lunch. I told Ira he would get to eat some of Grandma's great Easter lunch next year!! This year, pureed sweet potatoes and fruit - but he enjoyed.

The big kids (ha!) played egg toss and egg "walk" of which my husband and daughter won the "walk" - she has her beauty queen/head straight ahead walk down pat!!! Ira and my niece, Magnolia, hugged around on each other, a few kisses, sharing of Ira's Easter eggs with organic rice puffs and blowing bubbles (what a timeless activity). Next year, we will have a new baby in the family (Jessica and John Paul are expecting in the fall) so the family is growing!!

I missed seeing my sister and my "other" sister Phyllis and kiddos but will see them soon.

Ira and his daddy are taking much needed naps right now, Haley is watching a documentary on shark attacks (oh, her and I are so addicted to documentaries now that we have gotten a Roku) and I am just sitting here so thankful that THIS year, our family is complete. Last year I wrote that we would have Ira this year for Easter - and God brought him all the way from Kenya JUST for us.

I wish a beautiful Easter to all my friends and family.
Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Easter is a special day, but this one was even better for all the Lasiters. Given Haley and Ira Easter hugs from us. What a special time this is for you all. Love Love Love!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete