Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

What a difference a year makes?! How many times have I said that......
Today is Mother's Day; my first with Ira and maybe my last with Haley living under this roof. I got teary-eyed at church this morning thinking of that as she sat next to me.
BUT, she got me a very awesome and creative Mother's Day gift .......wait for it....HER DRIVER'S LICENSE! ;) Yes, Friday, after her Senior Breakfast, she took her exam and got her license. She bought me flowers last night and a card. Inside of the card, where the slot is for a gift card or something, she inserted her license....LOL - what a sense of humor she has.

Jeremy and Ira got me a gift card to my favorite spa and donations made to the American Cancer Society in my mother's name and to the Gladney Center for Adoption in my name; very, very special. My first Mother's Day card from MY SON was Snoopy :) - yep, I cried and cried and cried.....

This has been a big weekend for Jeremy's family too. His sister, Alynn, graduated from college. She is going to be a history teacher. Her commencement was yesterday and her party was last night. Ira's had a lot going on this week (his surgery) and this weekend. He put a moratorium on naps this weekend...LOL - but finally gave in a little while ago :).

We also had our first Cinco de Mayo party this week (Thursday night). Not sure how we've done all of this in seven days but it all got done.

So much going on in the next 60 days or so. Haley graduates on the 23rd, Maddie on the 19th, cousin Baylor on the 28th, wedding anniversary on June 2nd, Haley's graduation party on June 5th, Ira's FIRST birthday party on the 11th (I cannot BELIEVE it!) and then Haley leaves on June 19th (Father's Day) for her Europe vacation (can we say "princess"????). Somehow in there I've got to plan these parties and *work*.....oh, yeah, "that"....

Maybe July will slow down - trying to look at places and dates for a summer vacation. Do we go back to Navarre like always or try something new like a cruise? I just love Navarre - not the drive - but love the condo and being on the beach. Peace. Quiet. Ocean breeze. awwwwww -

I am not sitting here today crying that my mom is in Heaven and missing out of this time with us. I know she is watching us and is a part of my every day. I know she has made sure angels have surrounded us many, many times. I hear her sometimes in things Haley says. I know this will sound crazy but I see her in expressions that Ira makes; his laugh, for example. He laughs JUST like my mother did; big and loud - it reminds me so much of her. She's right here with me. It's taken a long time to feel this way - and some days are better than others - but today I feel it.

People complain about Hallmark holidays but I do not see anything wrong with taking two days out of the year to remind us about Mothers and Fathers - maybe it helps even the mothers and fathers keep things in perspective.

I've tried to wish my mommy friends "Happy Mother's Day" but if I missed any, I am thinking of you all today and love you all~

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment