Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

To be honest, I thought Ira would be here by now. I know, I know....these things are not in my control, but in God's hands. I should not doubt HIS timing. I don't doubt it, I just don't like it. I know - shame on me. I just thought this Mother's Day would be different than how it will be. I thought my whole family would go to church together - including Ira. I thought this weekend we would have him dedicated and then have a family lunch - all cooing and awwing over him. I thought "this weekend" will be the time that an amazing attachment between Haley and her new brother occurs and that will be the greatest gift of all. I had all this played out in my head. Again, shame on me.

Instead, I spent last evening waiting her Haley to come home by going through my two virtual Wish Lists (Amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1ZUM6DAQ689EC?reveal=unpurchased&filter=all&sort=priority&layout=standard&.x=12&.y=6 and Babies R Us http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c00902584-D478-EF3F-373E-C3DED3E7E1C0_kFED43BFE-1CFD-2A1A-B71F-CD7A03B759E1&overrideStore=TRUS) taking off some items I've already bought. I cut Jeremy's hair, sent him to work for a while and then off to a funeral and am about to leave to take Haley to the hair salon and lunch. Thank God for Phyllis who is always happy to listen and encouraging beyond belief.

I'm so glad his nursery is complete. I can now go in there, sit and think about Ira, pray for his arrival and not get hounded by anyone for having a 1 track mind.

Ira, you may not be here this weekend for Mother's Day. You may not be in your home, with your parents or at your church being dedicated. But never think you are not here with me. You are in my heart - beating so loud I can hear you. You are in my every thought. I love you and will keep praying.

Mommy

3 comments:

  1. I have been quiet...but following you here. Thinking of you all....pondering a voyage to Arkansas...taking the same route I did 20 years ago...will keep you posted. Love you all. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, mama! I wish you would come visit - I selfishly hope it is when Ira is here - :)
    but anytime would be fantastic!! You have a place here -
    Happy Mother's Day too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to make some plans that my family can live with. Love you.

    ReplyDelete