Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today's teaching

Student's Pastor, Jason Curry, talked to me today. Well, he talked to hundreds today as he led the services at Church at Rock Creek, but he really talked to me. The title of his two part series is "Storms". I thought "oh, this will be good; sitting here with my daughter; oh, she needs to hear this". ROFL at myself!!! Turns out, I needed to hear it as much or more than she did.

Boiling it down to a few sentences (go to the church website for a fantastic audio of the lesson), it was based on Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight". Whew!!! I'm guilty of leaning on what I think is fair and right and what I understand regarding the path of this adoption....mainly the timeline. What seems reasonable to me is not always right. I need to remember to trust in HIM and HIS TIMELINE. He knows exactly where Ira is and the timing; please pray for me to help turn this over to HIM and not try to micromanage this.....this is one time my Excel spreadsheet is NOT needed.....God's spreadsheet is WAY more awesome!!!

I need to come up with some template answer for when people ask me "have you heard anything?" Something to the effect of "God's got it all under control..."If you think of something cute to respond with, please let me know :)

God is preparing OUR son for us; some beautiful girl who has been struggling with a situation is going to find an answer that meets her needs and God will connect us; it will happen. I've been spending too much time schmoozing with the Adoption Agency and attorney; need to spend a little more time palling around with my FATHER :)

Great teaching, Jason Curry - even to a 40 year old!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. One of the toughest lessons I've learned in life is that my timeline is rarely God's, but that if I am patient and wait for his outcomes, the end result is so much more perfect than anything I could have ever imagined. Thank God for unanswered prayers, and for those answered according to His will instead of my own!

    Ira will come when God has selected the perfect match for all of you. And, when that happens, it will be such an incredible blessing ... more beautiful and fulfilling than anything you are imagining now.

    ReplyDelete