Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mirasa Design


Ira's two new wristbands from Mirasa Design came in yesterday! Mirasa Design is founded by Aashumi Shah and started in 2009. Even though hers was a start up company, she contacted Room to Read and asked to commit to donating a percentage of sales toward Room to Read's mission. I met Aashumi through the contract review, fell in love with her products, and was her first purchase under the Room to Read contract for my niece, Magnolia.
Mirasa means "heritage". Aashumi began Mirasa after making some toys for her niece's 1st birthday that were soft, would stimulate her sense of imagination and play and also came with a cloth bag that her niece could carry around with her.
I love the concept and Aashumi is a beautiful soul. She has been so supportive of the story of "Ira" and is my long distant pen pal :).
So, we added the wristbands to the floor pillow for his room. The giraffe is in the hospital baby bag, packed ready to go whenever a call comes. I hope his room is filled with all the Fun Toys before too much longer - To check out my favorite artist, go to www.mirasadesign.com
Love to all,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment